STRATFORD - A house fire that lit up a Stratford neighborhood over the weekend has now been deemed a case of arson by fire officials.

Detectives say they originally believed the fire on Light Street was caused by a natural gas explosion, but now they say a dog from the state fire marshal's office found accelerants, possibly gasoline, poured all over the house.

Firefighters say the house is a total loss and investigators say they're looking into the homeowners as persons of interest.

Police: Stratford house explosion deemed 'suspicious' Home explosion rocks Stratford block