NORWALK - Crews in Norwalk were called to Roton Middle School yesterday after a student brought mercury to class.
Officials say the seventh-grader brought the mercury to show and tell because they'd been talking about the substance in science class.
Fire officials say they had to make sure the metal didn't get anywhere else in the school because it's hazardous.
Officials also went to the student's home. They say they did find traces of mercury and the family had to leave for the night due to mercury vapor.