NORWALK - This week, News 12 Connecticut's What's Ailing You looks at what to do about an ankle pain.

Barista Lisa Montenegro, of Norwalk, says she experiences ankle pain after working many hours on her feet.

Norwalk Hospital surgeon Dr. Jay Kleeman says his best advice for ankle pain is to make an appointment with an orthopedic specialist and see what's going on.

Dr. Kleeman says he will often order an MRI for a patient to see if there is any scar tissue, cartilage damage or damage to the tendons surrounding the joint. He says that any of those issues could cause ongoing pain.

For treatment of ankle pain, Kleenman suggests purchasing shoe inserts or going for a Cortizone injection.

News 12 Connecticut wants to know, "What's Ailing You." You ask the medical question and we'll work to find you an expert's answer. Send your questions by way of Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #WhatsAilingYou.