WOODBRIDGE - Woodbridge firefighters are moving into their new home, more than two years after a fire destroyed their old station, located just across the street.

Fire officials say they now have more room to work in, and room to grow. Since the devastating fire, these firefighters have worked out of a trailer. They say for them, moving into a new station is long overdue.

"This one is currently over 20,000 square feet. It's now high tech, it's up to what the standard should be," says Dwight Rowland, who works for the department.

The October 2006 fire that destroyed the old house was determined to be accidental due to faulty wiring.

Now there is more room for trucks and enough space to move around.

"It's a definite moral booster. We now can hold training classes and work sessions, all in one facility," says Woodbridge Fire Chief Andrew Esposito.

Esposito says trying to get a new station has been in the works since the late 1990's. Despite the years of planning, construction of the new station house was finished on time, and under their $7.5 million budget.