Stratford fire leaves family of 7 homeless

A Stratford family of seven is looking for a new place to live after a fire destroyed their home today.

Firefighters say today's heat made it difficult for them as they attempted to put out a fire in the home on Klondike Street.

Fire officials say the flames broke out in the kitchen and quickly spread to other rooms. They say firefighters took breaks to stay hydrated.

Officials say an adult and two 3-year-olds were in the home at the time. They say the adult was taken to the hospital, but was not hurt badly.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."