Police: Death of auto body shop owner likely CO-related

Norwalk police are investigating the death of a local auto repair shop owner whose body was found at his business by one of his employees. Police say the worker found William Boone, 55, inside a pickup truck in the garage of Boone's Auto Service this morning. They say it appears he died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning after the truck was left running for an extended period over the weekend. "He's probably been in there for over 24 hours, from what we can tell," says Norwalk Police Sgt. Tom Roncinske. Family and friends stood nearby as authorities removed his body from the garage. The medical examiner has yet to release the cause of death.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."