Greenwich woman homeless for holidays after fire

A Greenwich woman has been left homeless for the holidays after a fire ripped through her Mason Street apartment last night. Firefighters say the fire started shortly before 7 p.m. in the kitchen of her first-floor apartment. They say she left the room after putting food on the stove, which apparently set off the spark. A tenant on the third floor says he ran across the street to a nearby firehouse when he heard the alarm. Officials say three tenants sustained minor injuries and were taken to Greenwich Hospital. A neighbor whose apartment was damaged in the fire says she plans on staying with someone else until repairs are complete.For extended video of the Greenwich apartment fire, click on iO Extra on Channel 612.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."