Norwalk fire apparently started by turkey fryer

Norwalk firefighters say residents frying a turkey on their back porch started a fire on Scribner Avenue yesterday evening.

Officials say the patio furniture and awning went up in flames and the propane tank exploded.

Firefighters say no one was home at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."