Stratford house fire deemed arson

A house fire that lit up a Stratford neighborhood over the weekend has now been deemed a case of arson by fire officials.

Detectives say they originally believed the fire on Light Street was caused by a natural gas explosion, but now they say a dog from the state fire marshal's office found accelerants, possibly gasoline, poured all over the house.

Firefighters say the house is a total loss and investigators say they're looking into the homeowners as persons of interest.

Police: Stratford house explosion deemed 'suspicious' Home explosion rocks Stratford block

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."