Gas explosion damages Stamford bagel shop

The Stamford Fire Department is investigating a natural gas explosion inside a bagel store.

Officials say the blast shook Liz Sue Bagel on High Ridge Road just before 11 p.m. yesterday.

There is only minor damage to the building but the store will be closed for the time being.

Two employees were also burned in the blast and have been taken to Bridgeport Hospital.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."