Home explosion rocks Stratford block

Police say a natural gas explosion and subsequent fire severely damaged a home in Stratford this afternoon.

Authorities say it happened at around 3 p.m. on Light Street. They say no one was home at the time and nobody was injured.

Officials say two local teenagers were the first on the scene, banging on windows to make sure no one was inside. Fire trucks and emergency crews arrived shortly after.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."