Milford courthouse evacuated after power outage

A Milford courthouse had to be evacuated today after witnesses say one of the courtrooms began filling up with smoke.

According to officials, more than 100 people were forced to leave the State Superior Courthouse on West River Street at around 10 a.m. after the entire block lost power.

Officials say an air conditioning unit on the roof caused all of the smoke when the emergency generator kicked in during the outage.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."