Park City Magnet School without heat; students evacuated
Park City Magnet School students were evacuated Wednesday for a gas smell and again on Thursday due to a broken boiler.
Bridgeport's interim Superintendent Fran Rabinowitz told News 12 Connecticut that the boiler at the school wasn't working for a short time Thursday morning. Though the boiler was working again by noon, the hallways were still seeing temperatures of 67 degrees.
Rabinowitz also told News 12 that small space heaters were brought in to warm the school's classrooms.
Parent Zeneida DeJesus told News 12 that the incident is concerning. "You bring your children to school and you assume they're going to be safe, they're going to be warm, and then you find out they have no heat," she said.
The superintendent says two new boilers have since been ordered.