2 firefighters recover after fire at Woodbridge JCC

Two firefighters are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning after several crews responded to a four-alarm fire at a Jewish Community Center in Woodbridge.



Officials say over 100 people, including babies, had to be quickly evacuated from the massive building and brought to another facility.



Woodbridge police say crews came from multiple towns.



Officials say the fire started in one of the saunas in the lower level of the building after 3 p.m. Monday.



The Woodbridge Fire Department, with the help of the Orange, Bethany and Seymour departments, got the blaze under control just over an hour later.



Fire officials tell News 12 that there is significant damage inside the building that remains closed today.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."