Fire marshal: Norwalk house fire started by smoker

The Norwalk Fire Marshal said Monday that someone smoking in a bedroom sparked a fire at an adult residential care facility, forcing about two dozen people from their home.



The fire began around 7:15 p.m. Sunday at the Carlson Place, located on Nelson Avenue.



Carlson Place houses more than 20 adults who cannot live independently.



Officials say one person was hospitalized after being found in one of the home's rooms during a secondary search. She is expected to be OK.



The rest of the people inside the building were evacuated safely, according to officials.



 



 



 


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."