Stratford FD: Electrical issue sparked near-fatal boat fire

Stratford fire officials say an electrical issue sparked a boat fire at Brewer's Marina Friday that almost killed a child trapped in a cabin. The fire broke out Friday at around 6 p.m. in a vessel docked at the marina. Witness Alison Miller says the family that owns the boat had just returned to the marina when the father plugged the boat into the dock for power. She says smoke then began billowing from the cabin, prompting the man to leap onboard and save his 4-year-old son. Miller says she checked on them afterward, and both father and son appeared to be fine.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."