Gas leak disrupts Milford school

Students at a Milford elementary school got an unexpected break from classes yesterday due to a minor gas leak.

Fire officials say Live Oaks Elementary was evacuated for about 20 minutes after a release valve vented natural gas outside of the building.

Officials say the students were not in danger and the gas company quickly fixed the problem.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."