Stamford house fire under investigation

The Stamford Fire Department is investigating a fire that damaged a home today.



They say it broke out at 151 Guinea Road shortly after 2 a.m. 



Firefighters say flames were burning in the wall behind the gas stove, and they had to open the walls to put out the fire.



Officials say the home only had one working smoke detector, which was able to alert the occupants to the fire.



They recommend having multiple smoke detectors in your home, including one in each bedroom and the kitchen.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."