Firefighters say Stamford house fire appears to be accidental

Stamford firefighters say a fire at a home early this morning appears to have been an accident.



It happened on Cricket Lane before 4:30 a.m.



Firefighters say the homeowner called them to say that he heard a loud crashing sound and found his back porch on fire.



They say the homeowner tried to put it out with a garden hose, but the flames spread to the roof.



Firefighters say they got the flames under control quickly.


sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."