Firefighters battle fire and cold at Stamford house
A Stamford house fire sent firefighters into the bitter cold to fight flames Tuesday.
Officials say the morning fire broke out on Westover Road, sending smoke wafting into the air miles away. Responders had a hard time fighting the blaze due to the cold weather and whipping winds.
Firefighters say no one was inside the single-family home.
The assistant fire chief believes a tree took down a power line oustide the house, which may have sparked the fire.
To view Chopper 12 footage of the fire, go to channel 612 on your iO digital cable box and select iO Extra. Or click on the link below.Click here for Chopper 12 video of the scene