Holiday cheer goes up in flames for Bridgeport family displaced by fire

A Bridgeport family may spend Christmas on the streets after a fire destroyed their home, and their holiday spirits.Heatherrose Desmond and her three children are temporarily staying at the Fairfield Inn, thanks to the Red Cross. Their home, along with their Christmas tree and presents were destroyed Wednesday when Desmond's 4-year-old son Matthew accidentally sparked a fire with a cigarette lighter.No one was hurt in the fire, however the family is now wondering where they will spend the holiday. Desmond say she recognizes now she should have educated her kids more about fire safety.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 5 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login, create an account or subscribe to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."