Fire burns through Milford auto recycling business

Posted: Updated:
MILFORD -

A fire broke out Tuesday at the Milford Auto Recycling Company.

Multiple calls reporting the fire at the South Washington Street business came in around 3:15 p.m.

Firefighters called the blaze a taxing job, saying that gasoline and other fluids exacerbated the flames. The Stratford and New Haven fire departments responded to the scene to provide assistance.

Officials say there were no injuries and that no buildings were affected.

Battalion Chief Anthony Fabrizi says they were able to contain the fire to a section of the junkyard where there are scrapped vehicles or vehicles waiting to be scrapped. Crews were later seen moving vehicles to put out any hot spots.

The fire marshal's office will likely return to the scene Wednesday to determine a cause.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."