Investigators: Fire at Orange restaurant started in kitchen ceiling

Posted: Updated:
ORANGE -

A fire broke out at a TGI Fridays in Orange Saturday night.

It began at around 8 p.m., and roads were closed in the surrounding areas to allow fire engines to battle the flames.

Investigators say the fire started in the ceiling of the kitchen. They were still surveying the restaurant on Sunday.

Workers at the restaurant tell News 12 that they were confused because the smoke was not coming from the stove or grill. They say management did an excellent job getting staff and customers outside, but are now dealing with the loss of their jobs until the restaurant is back open.

Employees tell News 12 that they have the option of working at another TGI Fridays, but that could mean driving as far as the Bronx.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Time Warner® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."