Water district mulls demolition of historic New Canaan housePosted: Updated:
Preservationists have 90 days to spare the Grupe-Nichols-Browne House, which has stood at the corner of Valley Road and Benedict Hill for over 200 years, from demolition.
The district's attorney says the land is too expensive.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Live concerts may be canceled but that isn't stopping one local musician from performing.Live concerts may be canceled but that isn't stopping one local musician from performing.
- News 12 reporter John Craven says he got the coronavirus a week and a half ago. It started with a sore throat and then he had trouble breathing and a high fever.
- Disneyland and Walt Disney World plan to stay closed for the foreseeable future due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.Gov. Andrew Cuomo is giving his daily briefing on the COVID-19 pandemic in New York.
- Nassau County Executive Laura Curran is giving an update on the coronavirus outbreak.Nassau County Executive Laura Curran is giving an update on the coronavirus outbreak.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
A guide to the national park sites and trails on Long Island, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York City and the Hudson Valley.