26-foot tall statue gives church a view of Marilyn Monroe’s backsidePosted: Updated:
The rear view of a 26-foot-tall Marilyn Monroe statue in Stamford's Latham Park has led to some complaints, according to city officials.
The mayor's office says it has received a handful of phone calls from people complaining that the open end of Marilyn Monroe's dress in the back is directly facing the First Congregational Church. The pose comes from the 1955 movie "The Seven Year Itch."
The statue was fully assembled this week.
Bob Meyer has been a member of the church for 20 years and says he and his wife love the statue.
"There's always going to be few people who will find something negative about anything," he says.
Meyer doesn't think the church's reverend has seen the statue's backside, but he says the clergyman will probably be OK with it.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A Bridgeport family is asking for help paying for the funeral of a woman who was killed in a car crash.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Norwalk police are looking for the man they say threatened to shoot a cab driver.Norwalk police are looking for the man they say threatened to shoot a cab driver.
- Halloween is less than two weeks away but some furry friends got to celebrate a little early.Halloween is less than two weeks away but some furry friends got to celebrate a little early.
- Three people on a boat off the coast of Bridgeport were rescued after calling 911 Saturday.Three people on a boat off the coast of Bridgeport were rescued after calling 911 Saturday.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!