Heroes save woman from burning garage

Posted: Updated:
STRATFORD -

Two Stratford residents are being called heroes after rescuing a woman trapped in a burning garage.

Authorities say that the women, who was driving her car, apparently stepped on the gas instead of the break which caused her to become trapped in the garage.

Police say the pair definitely saved the driver's life. 

Authorities say the fire was sparked by the car's hot tailpipe coming into contact with material inside of the garage.

Officials say it's a miracle the woman was not seriously injured.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."