Stamford nonprofit holds golf fundraiserPosted: Updated:
The 100 Black Men of Stamford organization held their 18th annual Golf Classic at the Rockrimmon Country Club Monday.
The group provides mentoring and educational programs for young people in the greater Stamford area.
The organization teamed up with Norwalk-based Diageo to raise money for college scholarships.
Josiah Lindsay, President of 100 Black Men of Stamford said "We want to make sure that students in Fairfield County have a chance to achieve their goals and we believe that education is one of the things that allows them to do that."
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Jose Altuve hit a game-ending homer off Aroldis Chapman with two outs in the ninth inning and the Houston Astros outlasted the New York Yankees 6-4 to advance to the World Series for the second time in three years.
- A Bridgeport family is asking for help paying for the funeral of a woman who was killed in a car crash.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- Norwalk police are looking for the man they say threatened to shoot a cab driver.Norwalk police are looking for the man they say threatened to shoot a cab driver.
- Halloween is less than two weeks away but some furry friends got to celebrate a little early.Halloween is less than two weeks away but some furry friends got to celebrate a little early.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!