Guide: Apple Picking in the Hudson Valley
Looking to go apple picking this fall season? Check out some of the locations in Westchester and Hudson Valley. Please check with the location before heading out as dates and times are subject to change.
63 Apple Tree Lane
Hours: Opens in July; Monday-Sunday, Holidays, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.,
Types of apples: Early Gold, Pristine, Paula Red, Ginger Gold, Zestars, Jona Mac, Gala, Macintosh, Cortlandt, Macoun, Spartans, Empires, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jona Gold, Ida Red, Crispen, Red Stayman, Fuji, Cameo, Greenings, Romes, Winesap, Granny Smith
Other activities: Farm stand, playground, gem stone mining, petting zoo
9 Fishkill Farm Road
Hours: Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Pixie Crunch, Sweet Sixteen, Galarina, Florina, Crimson Topaz, Crimson Crisp, Shizuka, Suncrisp, Ida Red, Northern Sky, Newtown Pippin, Rome, Red Delicious, Pink Lady, Granny Smith, Macoun, Gala and more
Harvest Moon Farm & Orchard
130 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Aug. 31-Oct. 27; weekends & holidays only until 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Braeburn, Granny Smith, Empire, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Fuji, Macoun, Crispin, Cortland, Pink Lady, Cameo, Honeycrisp
Other activities: Hayrides, games, live music, farm animals, pony rides, face painting
5755 Route 209
Hours: Daily, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Types of apples: Ginger Golds, Jonamacs, Cortlands, Empire, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious, Crispin and Rome
Other activities: Farm activities are Mini-golf, Corn Maze, Hay Mountain Jumping pillow, Petting farm and Playground.
139 Hardscrabble Road
Hours: Apple picking starts Aug. 31; Daily, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Cortland, Rhode Island Greenings, Rome, Baldwin, Red Delicious
Other activities: Hay rides
230 Guinea Road
Hours: Sunday – Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: Granny Smith, Braeburn, Ida Red, Fuji, Winesap, Golden Delicious, Northern Spy, Jonagold, Crispin, Red Delicious, Empire, Macoun, Cortland, Gala, McIntosh, Gingergold, Jonamac, Paula Red
5100 Route 209
Hours: U-pick apples start Labor Day weekend; Tuesday – Saturday, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.; Sundays - 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other activities: Hayrides, festivals, market, bakery
62 Granite Springs Road
Hours: Daily beginning Sept. 6, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Types of apples: McIntosh, Jonamac, Cortland, Macoun, Gala, Empire, Northern Spy, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Jonagold, Winesap. Fuji, Ida Red, Crispin, Cameo, Sun Crisps, Nitany’s, Braeburn
Other activities: Farm stand
Wilkens Fruit & Fir Farm
1335 White Hill Road
Hours: Starts Sept. 1; Daily, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Types of apples: Gala, McIntosh, Baldwin, Cortland, Macoun, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Jonagold, Crispin, Empire, Winesap, Fuji, Ida Red
Other activities: Corn maze
Did we miss your favorite orchard or farm? Click here to let us know!
Food & FunMore>>
- A brand new skating rink has opened up on top of The William Vale hotel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.A brand new skating rink has opened up on top of The William Vale hotel in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
- “Parasite” has officially infected Hollywood's award season. Bong Joon Ho’s Korean class satire became the first foreign language film to take top honors from the Screen Actors Guild.“Parasite” has officially infected Hollywood's award season. Bong Joon Ho’s Korean class satire became the first foreign language film to take top honors from the Screen Actors Guild.
- The Kansas City Chiefs will meet the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl on Feb. 2 in Miami.The Kansas City Chiefs will meet the San Francisco 49ers in the Super Bowl on Feb. 2 in Miami.
- The Jonas Brothers released a new single Friday - and the music video features something near and dear to them - their wives.The Jonas Brothers released a new single Friday - and the music video features something near and dear to them - their wives.
- Executive Chef Constantine Kalandranis and his staff at 273 Kitchen in Harrison have come up with a new tasting menu where the local vegetables take center stage.