Stamford man admits error in unauthorized renovations on city volleyball courtPosted: Updated:
A Stamford man says he had good intentions when he started an unauthorized renovation of a Stamford volleyball court.
The incident happened in Lione Park over the weekend.
Police say German Castro and some friends were using shovels and pickaxes to tear up the artificial surface in an effort to make it more playable.
Amid the attempted construction, police showed up and asked if they had a permit.
They ordered the group to put the artificial surface back where it was, and Castro was arrested.
Castro admits he should have re-thought the plan before going through with it.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The parents of a Bridgeport woman suffering from multiple sclerosis and dementia say their daughter is unable to get the specialized health care she needs.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A plumbing problem in a public housing complex in Bridgeport led to flooding in dozens of apartments.
- Thousands gathered in Fairfield County Sunday uniting in the fight against breast cancer.Thousands gathered in Fairfield County Sunday uniting in the fight against breast cancer.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!