Fire marshal blames cigarette for massive fire on Success Ave.

Posted: Updated:
STRATFORD -

The massive fire at a condo complex on Success Avenue in Stratford last Wednesday has been deemed accidental.
 
The Stratford Fire Marshal's Office says a cigarette was tossed into a dry bed of mulch and smoldered for hours before it spread to the apartment building.

MORE: Stratford mayor tends bar at fundraiser for fire victims
MORE: Stratford residents displaced by fire return for belongings

The fire displaced 22 people.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."