Trumbull man shot after forcing his way into neighbor’s homePosted: Updated:
An 18-year-old Trumbull man was shot after forcing his way into a neighbor’s home.
Police say the man broke into a home on Shelton Road around 6 p.m. Thursday evening and charged at the 72-year-old homeowner.
Fearing for his family’s safety, the homeowner shot the man in the stomach with a registered gun.
Police say the man was spotted acting erratically in the street before forcing his way into the home.
He was taken to the hospital where police say he is in stable condition.
No charges have been filed for either man.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Gov. Ned Lamont said Monday that 578 new cases of coronavirus have been reported in Connecticut, bringing the total number of cases to 2,571.
- The USNS Comfort arrived in New York Harbor Monday. Also: the death toll tops 1,200 in New York and hospital tents go up in Central Park.
- Danbury Hospital has already received more than 5,000 surgical masks, and it is due to get 1,500 of the N95 disposable respirators Tuesday.
- The first child to die from the coronavirus in New York City has been confirmed, according to the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- A Danbury woman says she has been unable to get hydroxychloroquine, the drug she needs due to an immune disorder, because the FDA approved it as a possible coronavirus treatment.
- The Stamford community is mourning a business jewelry store owner who was fatally shot inside of his store during an armed robbery.The Stamford community is mourning a business jewelry store owner who was fatally shot inside of his store during an armed robbery.
- A 38-year-old man was fatally shot in Bridgeport Friday night, police say.A 38-year-old man was fatally shot in Bridgeport Friday night, police say.
- Greenwich police have released surveillance images of a jewelry store robbery suspect.Greenwich police have released surveillance images of a jewelry store robbery suspect.
- A man was stabbed to death at a skate park in Danbury, police say.A man was stabbed to death at a skate park in Danbury, police say.
- Bridgeport police are warning residents about a scam that targets senior citizens.Bridgeport police are warning residents about a scam that targets senior citizens.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.