11 hospitalized after 3-car crash in BridgeportPosted: Updated:
A three-car crash in Bridgeport sent 11 people to the hospital, some with critical injuries.
It happened around 10 p.m. Friday at Myrtle and Railroad avenues.
The Bridgeport Fire Department says five occupants had to be extricated from one of the vehicles. Six more people were rescued from the two other cars.
Police Chief AJ Perez says a male driving a white SUV was going east on Railroad Avenue when it struck two other vehicles, which were stopped at a light.
A photo taken by police shows one of the vehicles hit by the SUV after all five occupants, including three children, were rushed to the hospital.
Perez says the mother of the three children is in very critical condition at St. Vincent’s Medical Center.
City Councilwoman Jeanette Herron says her heart goes out to all the victims, but especially to the kids whose mom is fighting for her life.
“Shame on the person that was speeding and created this problem,” she says. “Shame on you!"
Authorities say the driver who caused the accident was also hospitalized, but his injuries were not life-threatening.
Police have not yet released the names of the victims.
- When Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin took their first steps on the moon in 1969, the world was watching.When Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin took their first steps on the moon in 1969, the world was watching.
- Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.Storm photos in July from around the tri-state area.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- Here's the latest concert information for the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.Here's the latest concert information for the XFINITY Theatre in Hartford.
- Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.Looking for a place to listen to some music or see a local play? Here is a list of concert venues in the Tri-state area.