Union: At least 20 workers will lose jobs when Bridgeport Manor shuts downPosted: Updated:
A union says 20 workers have been laid off at a Bridgeport nursing home, but more layoffs are expected.
A federal grand jury is investigating possible tax evasion and theft at Bridgeport Health Care Center. Part of that facility, Bridgeport Manor, is closing.
More than 175 workers were set to be laid off.
The union says the layoffs will not be as bad as first thought.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- The parents of a Bridgeport woman suffering from multiple sclerosis and dementia say their daughter is unable to get the specialized health care she needs.
It's a battle for bragging rights! News 12 is looking for the schools with the most school spirit! Is it yours?
- A veteran Norwalk police officer accused of fleeing the scene of a drunk driving crash has been suspended for five days.
- A plumbing problem in a public housing complex in Bridgeport led to flooding in dozens of apartments.
- Thousands gathered in Fairfield County Sunday uniting in the fight against breast cancer.Thousands gathered in Fairfield County Sunday uniting in the fight against breast cancer.
- Heavy right and high winds swept through the tri-state area due to a large coast storm on the night of Oct. 16. Here are your photos from the storm.
- Photos on the field of the New York Yankees in the 2019 American League Division Series vs. the Minnesota Twins.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.
Looking to check out brewery this summer? There are many breweries across the state for beer-lovers to visit.
It's a celebration! Is your or a loved one's birthday coming up? Let us know! Send us your photos and you could end up on air and News12.com!