Westport trying to educate community about domestic violencePosted: Updated:
The Westport Domestic Violence Task Force is hosting events throughout October, which is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, to get the word out about domestic violence.
On Wednesday night, the group held a film screening of “A Better Man,” which focuses on a the relationship between a survivor and her former partner.
Following the film, there was a panel discussion featuring police officers and staff from the domestic violence crisis center.
Kevin Shippy, the executive director of the center, said, “The perception is that there is no need for domestic violence investigation, but in fact it’s one of the number one calls to the local police departments.”
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Small businesses are waiting days to apply for federal help and some are not sure how much longer they can hold on for.
- Catholic churches throughout Connecticut are empty as priests celebrate the most solemn part of Holy Week without worshipers present.
- Access Independence in Stratford has been churning out thousands of protective visors and respirator parts with 3D printers.
- President Donald Trump called the testing operation in the U.S. “by far the most sophisticated and the best anywhere.”
- Breweries all over the world are raising a glass of their new All Together IPA to struggling hospitality workers.
- This week's Super Pink Moon is the biggest full moon of 2020. Did you see it? Share your photos with us.
- In these trying times, we can all use a breath of fresh air every once in a while. News 12 wants to see your scenic photos while you get your breath of fresh air.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Celebrating Easter or Passover is a little different this year. So, we want to see how you are celebrating. News 12 wants to see all of your photos, including throwbacks!