Police: Man in grave condition after being hit by carPosted: Updated:
A pedestrian is in grave condition after being hit by a car Friday morning in Bridgeport, according to police.
Authorities say Anthony Johnson was struck near East Avenue around 12:45 a.m.
The vehicle carried Johnson for a short distance before he dropped to the pavement, police say.
The driver stopped, called 911 and is cooperating with the investigation.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Apertura hoy del Javits Center como hospital temporal para atender pacientes.Apertura hoy del Javits Center como hospital temporal para atender pacientes.
- Country singer Joe Diffie, who had a string of hits in the 1990s with chart-topping, rock-tinged singles such as “Home” and “Pickup Man” has died after testing positive for COVID-19.
- Connecticut is getting 100 more ventilators.Connecticut is getting 100 more ventilators.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.
- These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.These photos capture scenes around the world as countries cope with the outbreak.