Special Weather STATEMENT in effect for:
Bridgeport church serves Thanksgiving dinner to over 100 peoplePosted: Updated:
New Hope Missionary Baptist Church served a Thanksgiving dinner Friday to over 100 needy people in Bridgeport.
"The majority of the people are very grateful they're happy, you know people just sitting, usually they eat and leave but today it’s like a family day,” says the church’s kitchen supervisor.
She says she's grateful for the donations that made the dinner possible.
“This I do from my heart because I really enjoy it, I really like to cook and it’s a good feeling at the end of the day."
It took the staff two days to prepare for the meal.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement issued Sunday by the Wildlife Conservation Society's Bronx Zoo.A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for COVID-19, according to a statement issued Sunday by the Wildlife Conservation Society's Bronx Zoo.
- The 1,000-bed hospital ship will help ease the burden on local hospitals amid the coronavirus outbreak.
- From doctors and nurses to firefighters and police officers. From grocery store workers to news media and beyond. There are many who work hard to keep things running, keep us informed and keep us safe.
- Whatever the reason is, News 12 wants to see photos of what you're doing to keep busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
- There are no rainbows without rain, right? Well, one might say it's been pouring lately. But a strong and growing group on Long Island is spreading color and positivity with a rainbow movement.
- As people work from home and avoid large gatherings, areas that are normally packed with people have suddenly become nearly vacant.