‘Neighborhood staple’: Fund to help Scribner's employees after fire

Posted: Updated:
WOODMONT -

A GoFundMe set up for employees affected by a fire at a popular Woodmont restaurant has accrued more than $5,000.

Scribner's Restaurant on Village Road suffered smoke and water damage after a fire broke out in the kitchen on Nov. 1.

The restaurant has been closed since the incident, creating a precarious situation for 25 employees, who the owner says are like a family.

Family friend Patti Cuzino set up the GoFundMe page. She says her children worked at Scribner's when they were teens.

"They have given so much to the community over these 45 years. Every kid in Woodmont probably had their first job at Scribner's, whether it was working the coat room or as a bus person or a host,” she says. “It's a neighborhood staple."

Scribner’s has plans to reopen after the insurance process is completed. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."