Gas leak in New Milford causes building evacuation

Posted: Updated:
NEW MILFORD -

A gas leak in New Milford Saturday morning caused a building evacuation, town officials say.

They say the incident at the John Pettibone Community Center was caused by a malfunction gas interceptor outside the building.

The center was closed for safety while Eversource worked on the issue.

The Woman's Club of Greater New Milford was having its annual holiday bazaar at the time. It has since been rescheduled for Sunday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."