Police: Door pried open in gas station burglaryPosted: Updated:
Police say a gas station was burglarized in Norwalk.
It happened just after 10 p.m. at the Shell station on East Avenue at the corner of Fort Point Street.
Officers say the front door was pried open and money was missing from two registers.
A K-9 unit searched the area but did not find the suspect.
Police were gathering surveillance video from nearby businesses.
- Police in Connecticut say they have arrested 50 people and seized drugs and guns during an investigation that was spurred by heroin-related deaths.
- A Florida man has been charged for allegedly attempting to bring a loaded handgun onto a plane at Bradley International Airport.
- Police say 29-year-old Nirav Patel, of New Britain, robbed the People's Bank at the Stop & Shop on Kings Highway Cutoff.
- Bridgeport police say a man was arrested after opening fire in public, sending bystanders ducking for cover.
- Two men accused in the deadly shooting of a Bridgeport man over a marijuana deal faced a judge Thursday.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- About 1,500 protesters rallied at the Capitol in Hartford against the proposed toll Saturday.About 1,500 protesters rallied at the Capitol in Hartford against the proposed toll Saturday.
- The final episode of "Game of Thrones" airs Sunday. Who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne?The final episode of "Game of Thrones" airs Sunday. Who do you think will sit on the Iron Throne?
- Over 400 people spent their Sunday morning at the Westport YMCA to raise awareness and funds for national camps that benefit grieving children.
- A fire sparked on the porch of a Bridgeport home on Saturday.A fire sparked on the porch of a Bridgeport home on Saturday.
- The family of a man who has been missing for nearly a month held a vigil Saturday night at Stamford High School.