Police: Door pried open in gas station burglaryPosted: Updated:
Police say a gas station was burglarized in Norwalk.
It happened just after 10 p.m. at the Shell station on East Avenue at the corner of Fort Point Street.
Officers say the front door was pried open and money was missing from two registers.
A K-9 unit searched the area but did not find the suspect.
Police were gathering surveillance video from nearby businesses.
- Police say it happened at Burnsford Avenue and Dewhirst Street in the city's North End, around 3:30 a.m.
- Police say a man tried to lure a young girl into his car in Milford Friday morning.Police say a man tried to lure a young girl into his car in Milford Friday morning.
- Search warrants in the case of a missing New Canaan mother of five will remain sealed for the time being, a judge ordered.
- The attorney for a former animal rescue president accused of starving to death five dogs in her Fairfield home has disclosed he's pursuing a new defense in the case.
- Police say more than 40 headstones were knocked over and damaged at Union Cemetery on Sport Hill Road.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- A storm brought rain, wind and ponding to Brookfield Monday evening.A storm brought rain, wind and ponding to Brookfield Monday evening.
- A company from Milford is being praised for creating Neil Armstrong's helmet when he took the first steps on the moon.
- Officials in Milford say a suspicious man approached a young girl Friday morning.Officials in Milford say a suspicious man approached a young girl Friday morning.
- An animal cruelty investigation is underway after a dog was hit by two cars last week.An animal cruelty investigation is underway after a dog was hit by two cars last week.
- Norwalk Hospital is open and fully operational today, after an explosion closed an ambulance bay Sunday night.