Police find swastika painted on doors of Bridgeport cathedralPosted: Updated:
Police officers on patrol in Bridgeport discovered a swastika on the doors of a cathedral in Bridgeport.
Police say the swastika was found on the doors of St. Augustine's Cathedral. Police say when they went up to the doors the paint was still tacky.
Police tell News 12 the surrounding buildings have surveillance cameras and hope the footage will help with their investigation.
"It's alarming to me because this kind of hateful message cannot be tolerated anywhere specifically in this city of Bridgeport," says Bridgeport Police Chief AJ Perez. "It is a multicultural city."
Neighbors say they will pray for whoever vandalized the cathedral.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Firefighters from across the state are joining the town of Orange in remembering the community's longtime fire marshal.
- Wesleyan University in Middletown is monitoring a student who may have the coronavirus after a recent trip to Asia.
- State police say the trooper accused of shooting and killing a carjacking suspect will serve desk duty while authorities investigate.
- It's a new year, and that means fresh faces are in Hartford. Two new lawmakers arrive just in time for a possible vote on tolls.
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards