Victim, driver identified in Bridgeport’s 1st fatal accident of 2019Posted: Updated:
Bridgeport police have identified the victim and driver in the city's first deadly accident of the year.
They say 68-year-old Michael Zrelak was killed after he was hit by a car on Boston Avenue around 11 p.m. Friday.
Officials say they arrested 25-year-old Robert Dominguez a short time later and charged him with leaving the scene of an accident.
Police told News 12 that another car stopped to let the pedestrian cross, but Dominguez went around that vehicle, causing the crash.
- The family of a Stamford man who was shot to death in Bridgeport marked what would have been his 37th birthday on Friday.
- At least four businesses in Fairfield were burglarized and police believe they may be connected to similar burglaries in Stratford and Bridgeport.
- The former attorney and friend of Fotis Dulos appeared in court Thursday in connection to the disappearance and killing of Jennifer Dulos.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a pregnant Bridgeport woman suffered a miscarriage after being assaulted by another woman.
- Bernie Sanders scored a resounding victory in Nevada’s presidential caucuses on Saturday, cementing his status as the Democrats' national front-runner.
- The incident took place at Park Avenue and Olive Street. Police say none of the injuries were life-threatening.