Stranded seal makes visit to Compo BeachPosted: Updated:
A surprise visitor made its way to the beach in Westport Saturday.
A stranded seal was spotted around 2:30 p.m. at Compo Beach.
The Mystic Aquarium's animal rescue clinic helped evaluate it.
Westport Animal Shelter advocates say the seal made its way down to the beach and swam away.
Experts say in case like this, it's always best to stay away from the seal.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Rep. Jim Himes, a Democrat representing Connecticut’s 4th District, has become one of the most visible and persistent questioners this week during the impeachment inquiry.
- Barkley is hoping the Giants' bye week helps him recover physically and mentally. He hasn't gone for over 100 rushing yards in a game since week 2.
- News 12's Sean McCabe takes us inside Counter Weight Brewing in Hamden.News 12's Sean McCabe takes us inside Counter Weight Brewing in Hamden.
- The Connecticut branch of Mothers Against Drunk Driving launched its holiday push Thursday to remind people to be safe on the roads this season with all the upcoming celebrations.
- The teen accused of fatally shooting a 12-year-old Bridgeport boy just a week before Christmas appeared in court Thursday.
- Photos from the public congressional hearings as part of the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump and his administration's dealings with Ukraine.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for The Palace Theatre in Stamford.
- If you are looking to start your holiday shopping before the turkey is out of the oven, here are stores that will be opened for Thanksgiving.
- Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.Shoppers can start their holiday shopping on Black Friday at these retailers.
- Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.Here's the 2019 concert lineup for the College Street Music Hall in New Haven.