Crews find propane tank leak near Monroe home

Posted: Updated:
MONROE -

A gas leak seems to be under control after firefighters responded Friday night to an incident at a home in Monroe.

Crews found a leaking underground propane tank near a house on Bagburn Hill Road.

They metered and secured the gas to the house, and stood by with a protection hose line while the gas company worked to stop the leak.

Fire officials say anyone who smells propane or natural gas in their home should not hesitate to call 911.

 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."