Network created for moms in Greenwich spreads nationwidePosted: Updated:
An idea by a Greenwich mom to make life simpler for other parents in her community has quickly spread to other states.
Layla Lisiewski created The Local Moms Network, an online platform for parents with hyperlocal information and resources, as a way to keep other moms in the know. Lisiewski started the network in 2016 as a calendar, blog and email list.
Lisiewski says when she moved from New York City to Greenwich she found that she was spending hours researching things from activities for kids to kid-friendly restaurants.
"Once I started aggregating information and really getting this all on an integrated platform--why not share that with the other moms in town who probably don't have enough hours in the day either," says Lisiewski.
Lisiewski says her website runs the gamut from updated calendars to information on pediatricians to play spaces for kids. She says the idea spread to other towns and then expanded across the country.
The network now consists of websites and social media platforms in more than 20 states.
"Last year at this time we had eight platforms and now we have 71-plus," says Lisiewski.
Lisiewski says besides offering listings and guides, the sites foster a sense of community and also create job opportunities.
All of the sites are run by moms who have their eyes and ears to the ground. Lisiewski says it's been a great experience.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Police say a man was injured in a stabbing in Bridgeport Saturday night.Police say a man was injured in a stabbing in Bridgeport Saturday night.
It’s time to ‘pawty!’ Is your pooch an all-pro? Submit a photo of your furry friend for a chance to win a prize!
- A man is facing burglary charges for breaking into a home in Bridgeport.A man is facing burglary charges for breaking into a home in Bridgeport.
- A patient in Southern California is third person in the U.S. to be diagnosed with the new pneumonia-like virus from China, health officials said.
- This week on Paws & Pals, Harry Stolberg, of Paws of War, visited the News 12 studio to talk about service dogs who ease the emotional effects of war that a lot of veterans come home with.
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.Chinese health authorities urged people in the city of Wuhan to avoid crowds and public gatherings.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 SAG AwardsSights and scenes from the 2020 SAG Awards