Tractor-trailer takes out utility pole, wires on Stamford roadPosted: Updated:
A tractor-trailer crash knocked out a utility pole, took down wires, and temporarily closed a road in Stamford, police say.
Glenbrook Road in the area of Julia Stark School was closed while crews repaired the utility pole.
The Stamford Police Department tweeted that the road had been closed following the incident around 8 p.m. Wednesday night.
Witnesses say it appears the tractor-trailer brought down the wires and then the pole they were connected to.
Officials say no one was seriously hurt.
Police tweeted again Thursday morning around 6:00 a.m. to say the road re-opened.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.
- A Bridgeport police officer was placed on administrative leave after being captured on video apparently striking a suspect in the head with a gun.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Michelle Troconis is scheduled to appear in court Monday in connection to the Jennifer Dulos disappearance case.
- Neighbors gathered for the Port 5 Wienerfest fundraiser in Bridgeport Sunday to honor veterans.Neighbors gathered for the Port 5 Wienerfest fundraiser in Bridgeport Sunday to honor veterans.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.