Man displaced after Norwalk condo fire

Posted: Updated:
NORWALK -

A chimney fire at a condo in Norwalk displaced a man, officials say.

The fire broke out Wednesday at the Rowayton Woods Condominiums, off Highland Avenue, at 4:20pm.

Fire officials say the fire began in the chimney and made its way to the roof of the unit.

The fire was extinguished before spreading to a neighboring unit.

Officials say the condo owner was using his fire place at the time of the fire. 

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."