Officials: 3-alarm fire displaces 30 in TorringtonPosted: Updated:
Thirty people are now displaced after a building fire in Torrington Friday.
Fire officials say the fire happened at a building on Highland Avenue at around 9:30 p.m.
Five additional fire departments assisted in putting out the 3-alarm fire.
No injuries were reported.
The displaced families are receiving assistance from the Red Cross.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Capt. Anthony Duff, of the New Haven Police Department, was discharged from the hospital Thursday, just over a week after being shot several times.
- Religious leaders in Bridgeport gathered to show support for the police chief who has come under fire after recent incidents involving department officers.
- A cellphone video shows a man dangling from a window as a two-alarm fire burned inside at a multifamily home in Bridgeport.
- A Norwalk company is making sure students in the area are heading back to school next month with the proper school supplies.
- Stamford's Lock City is the perfect place for hop-lovers, with six IPAs on tap that range from fruity to pastry stout flavors.
- The 2019 MTV VMAs will be live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on Monday, Aug. 26. Who can you expect to see as part of the star-studded night?
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.