Police: Motive unclear in apparent New Fairfield murder-suicidePosted: Updated:
State police say a husband and wife are dead after an apparent murder-suicide Monday.
The medical examiner identified the couple as Jennifer and Michael Ciorra.
Officials say Jennifer stabbed her husband to death then killed herself with carbon monoxide at their home on Cornell Road.
Neighbors told News 12 the couple leaves behind two boys.
New Fairfield Public Schools sent an email to parents, referring to a “sad event” that has affected the school community.
Counselors will be available at the middle school Wednesday and Thursday, and next week when students return from break.
Police say they are continuing to search for a motive.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.Authorities say a mother was stabbed by her 15-year-old child in Bridgeport.
- A Bridgeport police officer was placed on administrative leave after being captured on video apparently striking a suspect in the head with a gun.
- Bail was set at $200,000 for a homeless man from West Virginia who was charged with placing two devices that looked like pressure cookers in a New York City subway station.
- Michelle Troconis is scheduled to appear in court Monday in connection to the Jennifer Dulos disappearance case.
- Neighbors gathered for the Port 5 Wienerfest fundraiser in Bridgeport Sunday to honor veterans.Neighbors gathered for the Port 5 Wienerfest fundraiser in Bridgeport Sunday to honor veterans.
- Tie-dyed pilgrims and white-haired Woodstock festival veterans converged at the generation-defining site in Bethel, New York, this weekend to celebrate its 50th anniversary
Looking for some excitement this summer? Check out some of these thrilling and extreme roller coasters, all located in the tri-state area.
- Ringo Starr and His All Starr Band performed at Long Island Community Hospital Amphitheater in Farmingville.
- The three-day festival of love and music featured some of the biggest musical names from the summer of love, including Jimi Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin and The Who.
News 12 Connecticut wants to announce your wedding. If you were married in the past 90 days, please submit your photos via Twitter or Instagram using #JustMarriedCT.