Memorial service marks 32nd anniversary of deadly L'ambiance Plaza collapsePosted: Updated:
A memorial service Tuesday marked 32 years since the deadly L’ambiance Plaza construction collapse in Bridgeport.
Officials say faulty lift-slab construction failed crashing down and killing 28 workers.
The slabs have since been banned for use at construction sites.
"It's been three decades, but for me it's three decades yesterday,” Edward Lebel tells News 12.
Many of Lebel's friends were killed during the April 23, 1987 disaster.
The names of those killed were recited during the ceremony where a plaque stands at the vacant site which has never been repurposed.
Connecticut Top StoriesTop StoriesMore>>
- Four people were shot outside of the Bridgeport courthouse Monday, and police say three people are now in custody.
- NBA legend Kobe Bryant, his daughter and seven others were killed Sunday when their helicopter plunged into a steep hillside in dense morning fog in Southern California,
- A new task force is on a mission to help students in the state, recommending major changes at state colleges.
- Police say four men face charges in Westport for stealing nearly $7,000 worth of cellphones from a T-Mobile store Sunday.Police say four men face charges in Westport for stealing nearly $7,000 worth of cellphones from a T-Mobile store Sunday.
- State attorneys general will meet with the Justice Department to investigate possible monopolistic practices of Google.
- Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.Sights and scenes from the 2020 Grammy Awards.
- Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!Did you snap a photo of a rainbow when the skies cleared on Jan. 25? We want to see!
- Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.Sights and Scenes from 2020 BroadwayCon in New York City.
- Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!Did you just get engaged? News 12 wants to celebrate with you!
- A new viral illness being watched with a wary eye around the globe accelerated its spread in China on Sunday with 56 deaths so far.