Baby sitter saves children from house fire

Posted: Updated:
MONROE -

A baby sitter who was caring for young children Saturday night is being credited for helping them safely evacuate a house fire in Monroe.

The fire broke out just before 8 p.m. on the back deck of the house on Sheep Meadow Drive.

The baby sitter got the kids out of the house and quickly called for help.

Crews were able to quickly put out the fire, but the deck and kitchen were heavily damaged.

No one was hurt.

sorry to interrupt
your first 20 are free
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please enjoy 20 complimentary views of articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.
you have reached your 20 view limit
Access to News 12 is free for Optimum, Comcast®, Spectrum Networks® and Service ElectricSM customers.
Please login or create an account to continue enjoying News12.
Our sign-up page is undergoing maintenance and is not currently available. However, you will be given direct access to news12.com while we complete our upgrade.
When we are back up and running you will be prompted at that time to complete your sign in. Until then, enjoy the local news, weather, traffic and more that's "as local as local news gets."